Working Together for Better, Local Healthcare
What you need to know about the proposed Mayo / Northern Light Health merger
In Maine and throughout the nation, small rural hospitals are facing rapid and unprecedented change. In order for Mayo Regional Hospital to continue to provide high-quality care to the Piscataquis region, it must become part of a larger, integrated system. As a member of Northern Light Health, Mayo will be able to build upon an already strong relationship. Both Mayo and Northern Light Health are values-based organizations that are committed to keeping our populations healthy, rather than treating people after they become ill.
Benefits to Patients
- Better access to specialty physicians, rural clinics
- A greater focus on population health for Piscataquis County
- Seamless patient care possible through Northern Light Health shared information systems, such as electronic health records
Benefits to Employees
- More educational resources for staff, both online and in-person
- Competitive health insurance rates and better care management for employees
- Collaboration with Northern Light Health staff and specialists
- Employer contribution to retirement accounts
Benefits to the Community
- Continued community input through a local board of directors
- Improved opportunities for fundraising / charitable donations
- Access to high-quality care close to home
- Communities could not be taxed to fund hospital operations.
- Preserves good paying, high-quality jobs in Piscataquis county
Benefits to the Hospital
- Sustainability of a local health care system
- Improved recruitment and retention of employees
- Better commercial payer contracts
- Cost reductions through shared services / streamlining roles (accounting, payroll, accounts payable, IT, materials management)
Both Mayo and Northern Light Health are values-based organizations that are committed to keeping our populations healthy, rather than treating people after they become ill.